Game of Skill Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, you (the entrant) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Bowling Centres Australia Pty Limited (ACN 003 710 110) (‘AMF’) of Level 12, 61 Lavender Street, Milsons Point NSW 2061.
3. The promotional period commences at 12:00pm (AEST) on Monday 19 June 2017 & ends at 23:59 (AEST) on Sunday 13 August 2017.
4. The competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who: (i) is a resident of any Australian state or territory at the time of entry; and (ii) is not an employee of AMF or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the competition; and (iii) is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee. An Eligible Entrant who is under 18 years of age must obtain the permission of a parent or guardian to enter. Competition is not available at AMF Redcliffe, Queensland, Australia or at AMF Garden City, New Zealand. League play is not valid and will not be included in this competition. League bowlers will need to bowl outside of their league to be eligible to enter.
5. By entering this competition, you consent to AMF using your name in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition, AMF and/or any of AMF’s products and services.
6. Entries must satisfy the entry requirements below to be valid. AMF reserves the right to disqualify an entrant for any reason. If, in its absolute discretion, AMF determines that a winning entry is not in strict compliance with these terms and conditions, it reserves its right to disqualify the entrant. AMF reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or entrant (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant or entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
7. Errors and omissions may be accepted at AMF's discretion. Failure by AMF to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Prize Details
a) $5,000 cash for highest average team score on in the “heavyweight pro performers” category on the leaderboard.
b) $3,500 cash for highest average team score on in the “friendly feud” category on the leaderboard.
c) $2,500 cash for highest average team score on in the “family fun” category on the leaderboard.
d) 5 x $100 JB Hi-Fi voucher for 5 best team names (1 voucher per team) nationally including NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA
e) 6 x Family Passes (Bowling) for the 6 teams (1 voucher per team) with the lowest team average nationally including NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA
f) 10 x 1 Free Game Bowling vouchers for the best team photo in each state including NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA
g) 14 x $50 AMF (2 per state) vouchers given the highest team average in NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA
h) 12 x Polaroid Cameras for the best user generated social media content
i) Prizes are given to the entrant who provides their details during the entry process and AMF takes no responsibility in the awarding of prizes to other players or entrants
j) Only one entrant is eligible to win one prize and upon winning said prize, the entrant is excluded from any other component of the competition.
Total prize pool is approx. $15,022.40
9. How to Enter
To enter, simply:
a) Get a team of 3 to 6 people, buy one game or more of bowling at your local AMF venue, keep your receipt or score sheet and use your live results code to submit your team average score at amfbowling.com.au/bowloff Family teams will need to have at least one child under the age of 16 years.
10. Entries must be received by AMF during the promotional period. Entries received after the end of the promotional period will not count towards the competition. Multiple entries into the competition are accepted and encouraged. AMF accepts no responsibility for, and will not compensate any entrant for, any late or misdirected entry or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way. Proof of age will be required from winning team upon close of competition before prize will be awarded.
11. Once a game score has been submitted that time, date and lane transaction cannot be submitted again.
12. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on bowling skill ability, originality and creativity. The best entry submitted for each prize, as determined by the judges, will win the allocated prize.
13. Judging will take place from 12:30pm (AEDT) on Friday 18 August 2017 at 12/61 Lavender Street Milsons Point NSW 2061. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the Support Office.
14. Winners will be notified by either phone, email or private message, dependent on the contact information that is available for the Major Prize Winners, by Friday 25 August 2017.
15. Prize Conditions
a) The team with the highest average score that bowled most recently in the “heavy weight pro performers” category to the close of promotion date will win 1 prize of $5,000. Bumpers cannot be used and scores cannot be modified.
b) The team with the highest average score that bowled most recently in the “friendly feud” category to the close of promotion date will win 1 prize of $3,500. Bumpers cannot be used for participants over 12 and scores cannot be modified.
c) The team with the highest average score that bowled most recently in the “family fun” category to the close of promotion date will win 1 prize of $2,500. Bumpers cannot be used for participants over 12 and scores cannot be modified.
d) Prize for top 5 best team names nationally (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA) to the close of promotion will win a $100 JB Hi-Fi voucher.
e) The 6 teams that bowl the lowest team average nationally (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA) to the close of promotion date across Australia will win 1 x Family Pass (Bowling) each.
f) The teams judged to have the most creative team photo and uses the hashtag #BowlitOff in their social media in each state (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA ) will receive 10 x 1 Free Game Bowling vouchers.
g) The teams with the highest average score that bowled most recently in each state (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, QLD, WA & SA) to the close of promotion will win 1 of 14 $50 AMF vouchers (2 per state).
h) Prizes awarded to content on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, using the hashtag #BowlItOff will be awarded based on judges choice, which takes into account the creativity and originality includes 12 x Polaroid Cameras.
i) Prizes must be redeemed in the manner specified by AMF at the time that the winners are contacted by close of business on Friday 25 August 2017. In the event that a winner does not redeem his or her prize by the date specified, the winner will forfeit the prize and will not be entitled to any compensation as a result. Cash will be provided in form of a cheque.
j) Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges' decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into.
k) Any change in the value of the prize between publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of AMF.
l) If a winner is under the age of 18 years the prize may be awarded, at the absolute discretion of AMF, to the prize winner’s parent or legal guardian.
m) In the event that any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond AMF’s control, then AMF may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
n) Risk in each prize passes to the winner from the time that the prize is dispatched from AMF’s premises. AMF is not responsible for any loss, damage or delay in delivery sustained after this time.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram
17. Any costs associated with entering the competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
18. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it's determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes AMF may, in its absolute discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to state legislation.
19. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of AMF, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, AMF reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction or limitation imposed by law.
20. By entering this competition, the entrant consents to AMF using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), AMF and AMF’s products and services.
21. By entering this competition, each entrant consents to the collection of their personal information by or on behalf of AMF for the primary purposes of enabling it to administer the competition and publicise its winner(s) and to market its products and services to the entrant. The personal information of each winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the competition, including the competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. Persons may contact AMF by post at the address stated in condition 2 to request access to, or corrections of, any of their personal information that is held by AMF. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information, AMF may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize. Any complaint regarding a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles should be addressed to AMF at the address above and will be investigated by an authorised officer. The complainant will be advised of the outcome of the investigation as soon as practicable.
23. Any complaint regarding a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles should be addressed to AMF at the address above and will be investigated by an authorised officer. The complainant will be advised of the outcome of the investigation as soon as practicable
24. When an entrant submits any materials via the competition including comments, recordings, answers and images ("Content"), the entrant, unless AMF advises otherwise, licenses and grants AMF, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
25. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. AMF shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. AMF may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that AMF may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
26. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify AMF against any loss, liability, claim or damage suffered or incurred by AMF as a result of a breach of any of these terms and conditions.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including under the Australian Consumer Law, AMF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the AMF's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by AMF) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of AMF; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
28. Notwithstanding any other clause in these terms and conditions, AMF’s liability in respect of goods or services provided by AMF to an entrant shall be limited, at AMF’s option, to (a) replacing or resupplying the goods or services or (b) the cost of replacing the goods or resupplying the services.